Sandcastle crashes... code and pre tags

Almost done with the current project release. Continuous server(CCNET) is running,
building - OK,
unit tests - OK,
analyzing - OK,
compiling xml documentation -- Err

Computer says:
Info: BuildAssembler: Building topic T:Sdo.Agent.TypeInstance`1

Unhandled Exception: System.Xml.XmlException: Unexpected end tag. Line 2, position 57.
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.ParsePartialContent(XmlNode parentNode, String innerxmltext, XmlNodeType nt)
at System.Xml.XmlElement.set_InnerXml(String value)
at SandcastleBuilder.Components.CodeBlockComponent.Apply(XmlDocument document, String key)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.BuildAssembler.Apply(IEnumerable`1 manifest)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.BuildAssembler.Apply(String manifestFile)
at Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.BuildAssemblerConsole.Main(String[] args)
Last step completed in 01:09:26.3530

Ok, so I checked the xml documentation for the class for mismatching tags, but couldn't find any.
After a bit of searching I found the following post on the Sandcastle forums.

A <pre> tag had snuck into the <code> xml documentation and thats not supported.

Well you always learn something. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment